PDA

View Full Version : Deaths Caused by The Internet

BlackCross
2nd November 2007, 00:16
The internet is a cool place - it enables people like you and me to download stuff, and get connected to the whole world. But to some people it has been frightening, and even fatal. Here’s an overview of deaths that the evil internet has caused and references to prove their worth. With many thanks to wikipedia.

1996: Sharon Lopatka, an internet entrepreneur from Maryland allegedly solicited a man via the Internet to torture and kill her for the purpose of sexual gratification. Her killer, Robert Fredrick Glass, was convicted of voluntary manslaughter for the homicide.
2001: Armin Meiwes chops off Bernd Jьrgen Brandes’s penis, and sautйed the penis in a pan with salt, pepper, and garlic. After stabbing Bernd Jьrgen Brandes to death in the throat, he hung the body on a meathook and tore hunks of flesh from it, he even tried to grind the bones to use as flour. Bernd Jьrgen Brandes responded to an internet ad posted by Meiwes and was a willing participant. The whole incident was videotaped.
2003: Brandon Vedas died of a drug overdose while engaged in an Internet chat, as shown on his webcam.
2005: 28-year-old South Korean, Lee Seung Seop, collapsed of fatigue and died after playing Starcraft for almost 50 consecutive hours in an Internet cafe.
2005: 17-year-old teenager, Joshua Anson commits suicide after posting a suicide notice on his myspace page.
2007: Jennifer Strange, a 28-year-old woman from Sacramento, died of water intoxication while trying to win a Wii console in a KDND 107.9 “The End” radio station’s “Hold Your Wee for a Wii” contest, which involved drinking large quantities of water without urinating. She placed second in the contest.
2007: Kevin Whitrick, a 42-year-old man committed suicide by hanging himself live on a webcam during an internet chat session.
2007: A 30 year old Chinese man died of exhaustion after playing online games for 3 days nonstop

Ryuu
2nd November 2007, 00:20
Trupul unui baiat din Chisinau a fost scos dintr-un internet club.A murit din cauza faptului ca a stat in fata calculatorului aproape 24 de ore:(
Man,he was obsessed:speechless: :constipation:

Shing
2nd November 2007, 00:22
1996: Sharon Lopatka, an internet entrepreneur from Maryland allegedly solicited a man via the Internet to torture and kill her for the purpose of sexual gratification. Her killer, Robert Fredrick Glass, was convicted of voluntary manslaughter for the homicide.
2007: A 30 year old Chinese man died of exhaustion after playing online games for 3 days nonstop

Sharon Lopatka XD
2007: A 30 year old Chinese man died of exhaustion after playing online games for 3 days nonstop - I know this :clever:

Mikey
2nd November 2007, 01:17
*slowly pushes the "Power" button on the PC* From now on I HATE internet...srsly ... yeah fuck it * goes on searching tentacles*

moon-bird
2nd November 2007, 16:06
oh boy, who would of thought that teh internet can make sooooooo many victims? maybe i should be more carefull from now on...yeah...right *logs on and stays 4 24 hours, then, well...she dead...*

Lazarus
1st May 2008, 02:46
internet is the greatest thing ever, but like any other innovation it must be used optimally

Haniball
2nd May 2008, 21:04
The civilised world has its pluses and minuses ...

BlackCross
2nd May 2008, 23:47
The civilised world has its pluses and minuses ...
Yeah so fuck it, let's live like bulls, ne!?

Yuna-Ina
27th June 2008, 11:30
mda, toti suntem obsedati de net intr-un fel dar totusi trebuie o masura sau limita :|

Haniball
27th June 2008, 13:20
2001: Armin Meiwes chops off Bernd Jьrgen Brandes’s penis, and sautйed the penis in a pan with salt, pepper, and garlic. After stabbing Bernd Jьrgen Brandes to death in the throat, he hung the body on a meathook and tore hunks of flesh from it, he even tried to grind the bones to use as flour. Bernd Jьrgen Brandes responded to an internet ad posted by Meiwes and was a willing participant. The whole incident was videotaped.

the most terrible

BlackCross
27th June 2008, 13:29
the most terrible
:ban:

It's my favourite, es ist meeeeein teeeil!!! :punch:

Haniball
27th June 2008, 20:30
:ban:

It's my favourite, es ist meeeeein teeeil!!! :punch:

evil ! :yells: